When it comes to IT infrastructure’s and web application’s security, there are two ways businesses and companies with an online presence can establish thorough security. The good and bad way, i.e. you can either wait for your organization’s web application and IT infrastructure to get hacked or work with a professional penetration testing service before disaster strikes. The latter is the better option.
Penetration Testing Will Safeguard Your IT Infrastructure against Vulnerabilities
Contrary to belief, penetration testing is utilized to scan and find existing vulnerabilities within the framework of a web application. This vulnerability is then addressed and duly removed. Evaluation and penetration scanning is carried out by pentesting companies or individuals. The exact same techniques as ones used by hackers and cyber criminals are used by these professionals, to safely exploit vulnerabilities and highlight issues within infrastructure’s security. With pentest vendors operating in Australia (Lean Security is of them) how will you know you have partnered with the right one?
Look For Technical Capabilities
Extensive training and experience are two important factors all the best pentesters have in common. Your chosen penetration testing vendor must have the following certifications that promise both training and experience. There are:
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
- GWAPT – GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester
- OSCE – Offensive Security Certified Expert
- OSCP – Offensive Security Certified Professional
Additional credentials to look out for are pentest’s background in network, systems management or developing applications before moving into this field.
Pricing Of Penetration Testing
You must get at least three quotes or recommendations for pentest vendors or companies, with complete information about services. This will help determine if the asked price package is worth the service. In any case, knowing what you are paying for will help.
Not all pentest companies are equal, either with services or certification. Don’t forget, you will get what you pay for which means choosing a low priced service will offer nothing but under qualified or inexperienced pentesting professionals.
Ask a Potential Pentesting Vendor These Questions
Choosing the right pentesting vendor has been made easy with the following summation of important questions to ask:
- How many pentesters do you employ? What are their qualifications?
- What assistance can you provide in scoping the tests?
- Do you offer phishing testing and social engineering?
- How is the pentest carried out and to what time scale?
- What steps are taken to minimize possible effects on the business?
- Will there be any reports and security recommendations provided after the test?
- Can you provide references or testimonials for other existing customers?
With help from the above, finding the right pentesting vendor for your online business or web application will become easier. Just know what you want done i.e. security assessment and evaluation only or something concrete. Look at what Lean Security has to offer when it comes to Penetration testing services.