Website security is a major concern of many website owners all over the world these days. It is not important to know and identify the framework used but you have to still maintain the web application including the server so as to avoid intrusions. Identity thieves and hackers may attack your site in order to get access to your confidential data and files plus to be able to use the server to send abused mails as well as to host a malicious file. In order to prevent such attacks, you have to keep in mind the following things associated with web security scan:
Things You Have to Keep in Mind about Website Security Scan
- Keep the framework and software updated. Every software development companies repair security bugs in the updated editions of their products so it is a must to check the version of your framework and software then download the recently upgraded version. This way, you will be making your site more secure and safer from attacks online. Usually, hackers make use of the security holes in websites to carry out some malicious activities that can do a significant effect over your site.
- Make use of impossible to detect, strong and unique passwords. It is always important to make use of strong passwords for the cPanel, FTP accounts and on the email accounts so as to prevent the security breaches. You must make use of small letters, special characters, capital letters and numbers in creating a brand new password to make it strong and impossible to guess for intruders.
- Display the error messages with caution. When the internet users enter wrong login details, there will be a simple error notification that will be displayed on your site. On the other hand, you need to be extra careful when writing a reply for that message. Hackers usually make use of instinctive force attack strategy so that they can get your password and username. Instead of making users aware that they only have to mind the password or the username, you can say that either of them is incorrect. You can also make use of Captcha to add more security for your website.
- Use client-side and server-side validation. When it comes to preventing any malicious data from being added, you have to make use of both the server-side and the client-side validation.
- Look at the uploaded files. When your website offers a section where people can upload files, you have to be careful about those files uploaded to your site. Hackers might also upload an infected file to your server in order to run a malicious code.
- Choose a website security scanner tool from a reliable vendor online.
- Avoid using free tools online. They might be ineffective.
- Remember to keep your website security scanner updated. Automatic updates should be enabled for your convenience.
Businesses and webmasters should consider the importance of having an efficient website security scanner to know how vulnerable their websites to hacking and phishing. Consider getting one for your site too today.